Welcome to my haiku/ haiga dream.

Welcome to my haiku dream..!




Second Blog

facebook: ritaodehnazareth




HAIKU

cloudy morning-
a kite flies higher
than its string

Rita Odeh



My Haiku/Haiga Book:

Buds of Dream
(2006-2014)
available atAMAZON.COM





My Haiga Album



Third Haiku Book

Under Fallen Leaves, The Butterfly
2015
Rita Odeh









Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Selected Short poems in English and Hebrew.


ריטה עודה
שירים
מערבית: לאה גלזמן




ריטה עודה
משוררת וסופרת, ילידת נצרת 29.9.1960
תואר ראשון בשפה אנגלית וספרות השוואתית
עבדה כמורה לאנגלית בתיכון העירוני- נצרת

מהפרסומים שלה בתחום השירה:

מהפך על השתיקה- 1994
מראות האשליה 1998
יומנה של צוענית מאוהבת- 2001
ומי לא מכיר את ריתה- 2003
לפני החניקה בדמעה- 2004
אני אנסה אותך פעם נוספת- 2008

יצא לאור מעבודותיה בתחום הספרות:

אני השגעון שלך- 2009


שני רומנים קצרים: 2007 - 2008 .

שיריה תורגמו למספר שפות דרך רשת האינטרנט.
קיבלה מקום ראשון ברמה העולמית בתחום כתיבת שירת "ההיקו".


~~~


1-
אלה הם
הפצעים שלי

תכנסו
בתחושה של
בטחון




These are my wounds.
So,
do come in feeling safe.







2-
צעקת דקדוק

עד מתי
יהיה האדם
הישר
גוף נסתר
ואילו הגמדים שדומים
לפעלים
יעלו ויורידו כל מה שהם
רוצים
מתי שהם
רוצים




A Cry of Grammar

Till when
will the honest
human being,
be
an absent pronoun
and the dwarfs
"who look like" verbs
put up and down
whatever they want
whenever they want..!






3-
גנבה

החיים הם מנורה. אך : מי גנב את הזית שלה..!؟




Robbery

Life is a lamp.
But,
who stole it's fuel..!?





4-

מאבק

כשהעצב
שם עלי מצור
אני שמה עליו
מצור כפול

בעצם
רק לחזק יש קיום




Conflict

Sadness besieges me.
I do besiege it.

Indeed,
only the strongest survives.






5-
שקט

בוא נשתוק
לרגע
בוא נקשיב
לרגע

הנה הם:למה
איך
איפה
ומתי
רצים אלינו
ואילו
שנינו בודדים
ב ו ד ד י ם




Scilence

Let's hush for a while.
Let's listen.
Here they come:
what,
where,
when,
and
why..
rushing towards us
while we are both
lonely.
So
l o n e l y







6-
כפילות

חיפשתי מקלט
תוך כף היד
שלך
בריצה אחרי
חיטה של חיבה
וגליתי
שביכולתה
גם לתת מקות





Double Attitude

I sought refuge
in your hand,
chasing
the wheat of affection.

I found out
that it can also beat.






7-
עוצר

שוטר שהזדמן
ליד השער של
מחשבותיך
עצר אותי בצעקה
"תעודת זהות"
כשנודע לו
שאני ערביה
הוא עקל את
חלומותיי




Curfew

A passing-by soldier
stopped me
at the gate
of your thoughts
shouting:
"Identity Card".
When he discovered that
I am an Arab,
he confiscated my dreams.






8-

מדוע, בכל מראה, אני רואה אותך הבוקר
?!



Why do I see you in every mirror this morning...!?



Pourquoi ce matin, dans tous les miroirs.. je te vois.. !?
(French Version)






9-
חופש

אני יכולה להיות
הצפור שלך
אם אתה מבטיח
לא להיות
הכלוב שלי




Freedom

I can be
your swallow
if you promise
not to be
a cage.







10-
עובדות

לשון
שלא יכול לומר
"לא"
הוא לא
לשון של אדם




Facts

A tongue that
cannot say: NO,
isn't a tongue
of a human being.







11-
רק הדיו

תפסיק לילל
על חלום שנשפך

את דמעותיך
תנגב
ותכתב אותי

הדיו יאריך
ימים
יותר מהאהבה




Ink Lasts Longer

Stop weeping over
a poured out
dream.
Dry your tears
and write me.
Ink lasts longer
than love.






12-
צְלַב הַשְּׁתִיקָה

תָּלוּ אוֹתִי עַל צְלָב
מֵאָז נוֹלַדְתִּי
וְאָמְרוּ: "אִשָּׁה"
קִבְּעוּ יָדַי בְּמַסְמְרִים
עַל קֶרֶשׁ הָעִתִּים
קִבְּעוּ רַגְלַי בְּמַסְמְרִים
עַל קֶרֶשׁ הַמִּרְמָה
וְאָמְרוּ: "אִשָּׁה... אִשָּׁה!"
כִּבְּסוּ מַחְשְׁבוֹתַי בָּאֵשׁ
לְאַט לְאַט
שָׁתְלוּ בַּשָּׂדוֹת
מַאֲוַיַּי
עֵץ הַהוֹלֵךְ וּמִתְפּוֹרֵר
קִמְעָה קִמְעָה
לִמְּדוּ אוֹתִי
אֶת אָלֶפְבֵּית
הַצַּעַר כָּל כֻּלּוֹ
הִלְבִּישׁוּנִי
בְּכָל רַעֲלוֹת הַשְּׁתִיקָה
וְאָמְרוּ:
"אָה... אִשָּׁה!
בְּסַךְ הַכֹּל אִשָּׁה"




The Cross Of Scilence

They have hung me on a cross
since I was born
Saying: female.
They nailed my hands
on the tree of Time,
They nailed my legs
on the cross of injustice
Saying:" female .. female!"
By and by,
they brainwashed my thoughts with fire.
They planted a tree
which keeps withering
in the fields
of my freewill.
They taught me
the alphabet of grief.
They made me wear
all the masks of silence,
saying:
"Ah .. female
Just a female..! "








13-
Mirrors Of Illusion


Isn't it Time
To set my body free
From the bottle of perfume
To set my pain free
From the the coffins of the tribe
To set my neck free
From the scaffold of injustice
And my face
From the mirrors of illusion
To look for my voice
In the chat of seabirds
To the waves
To draw my identity card
In the whisper of the papers
To the waves of ink

1998




14-
Trapped In My Net


Like a baby lion
You come strutting
Into my net
Asking to be caught..
Aren't we both
Already caught
In the cage of
Life..?!

1999





15-
Belonging


Play as you wish
On the strings..
Nobody owns
The keys of the violin
Except me





16-
A Well Of Pain


I pour my pain
As a fall
Inside the well
Of your heart..
Your lips
Sip it
Drop by drop





17-
Adam and Eve

He promised her
Fields of wheat
He promised
Love and heat
She received
Waves of
Hate





18-
A Heavenly Butterfly

With a butterfly like me
You don't need a net,
For you can be
A flower in which
I long to rest




19-
I Release Your Wings

Don't enter
the cage of my heart
as a tame bird.
Be free ..free
Fly high ..high
because
this is only how
I can
adore you




20-
The Game Of Words

If you accept a woman
born of nothing but words
and can give nothing but words,
then I"ll bless
our birth
from the womb
of language,
and I'll bless
the expected mess
of our dream's sparkles




21-
Weeping Wets
The Poem's Dress


Don't wash
in the rain of my pain,
so that you won't catch
the virus of writing
from the deepest point
of the heart




22-
When your wings landed
on my palm
I became a homeland




23-
You Or The Poem

I have always been
out of breath
to hunt a poem.
But, when I fell in love
poems began hunting me

1998




24-
Descending the Cross


A tiny butterfly
in a spider’s web

Fighting for the right
to enjoy the scents of joy,
seeds of soy

to descend the cross
to make her unique floss
to grow, not to bow,
to run after the rainbow

to reject the fate of siege,
the wailing of Troy


Nov. 26, 2006




25-
Come Dance With Me



Come Dance With Me



Come dance with me
with words unlike common words..
High leaps beyond borders
where you will see
what a butterfly may see
when in love with a rose,
what a cricket can hear
after a heavy rain shower,
what a sea can say
at the first touch with the shore..
Come soar with me
once with, once against the wind,
across clouds, mountains and hills,
under the grace of the high moment
Come defeat the dragon,
fight the dark,
trace the rainbow,
fool the wolf,
eat some of Little Red Riding Hood's sweet cakes,
wear Cinderella's most charming shoes,
feel the wonder of the word...


January 01, 2007



Reviewed by Jackson Aniefiok 5/27/2008

Thank you for such a unique work, its words are so powerful
and life touching, it is a perfect love poem which expressed
everything about emotions and we need more of this

authorsden



26-

I Want To Live

I want to live:
to wake up with the butterflies,
to wander in the fields,
to pick up dreams
with the hands of laborers
and pray with lips
which are baptized
by hymns.

I want to live:
to walk on the sand
as homeless children do,
barefoot and nude
free from all burdens.
I want to listen
to the raindrops
and the groans of stones,
as they ramble
in the moonlight
and recite to the grass
the verses of wakefulness.

I want to negotiate
with the birds
about their wings
and with the lutes
about their strings.

I want to soar
higher than eagles.
I want to sing
better than nightingales,
and as the prophets
of old times,
I want to call for peace
among people.

I want to collect some stones
to build castles for my sons
on the shore of patience.

I want to live
each day
as a holyday.
I want to live
a long blessed life
as books say.

I insist on living
away from the logic
of employer and employee.

I want to..
But, the sound of the far explosions
and these airplane stubborn raids-

which are being waged
above my tiny head
which is besieged by barbed wires
and humiliation
above my tiny body,
which is threatened
by subjugation, hunger, slavery,
terrorization, slaughter and immigration-

still threaten to bomb
what is left in my seas of
nymphs and memories
which still flow
with the anguish of calamity





27-

Who can find a cunning poet..?!


Who can find
a skillful, cunning poet..!?
for her price is far above rubies.
The heart of her reader
does safely trust in her.
She keeps surprising him
all the days of her life.
Like the merchants' ships
she brings her insights from afar.
She rises also while it is yet night
to meditate.
Then, she seeks the silk of the dream
and weaves her poems.
She is never scared of storms
for her palace is built
on a solid soil.
Her readers arise up
and call her blessed.
Her critics also
and they praise her.

*

Many have tried the language
Prose and poems.
but I-
who know the secret
of the rose's scent-
excelled them all.


Click here to post comments/ My Word Wizard





SIGN MY GUESTBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment