(Click on Photo)
Invitation to the 15th International Monthly Kukai June, 2013
Catching The Moment: https://rita-odeh.blogspot.com
Dear Friends, Welcome to the 15th International Monthly Kukai—June 2013
Please bookmark our blog: https://rita-odeh.blogspot.com/
All communications are also posted on the blog each month: The Invitation; The Ballot; and The Results
The subject of the June 2013 International Kukai No. 15 is the theme mountain. It is not mandatory to use the word "mountain" in the haiku, but the verse should clearly image the selected kigo. Kigo submissions should have a seasonal element or context. Send one haiku inspired by this image. Please, don't write about something which is not connected to this photo—Rita Odeh: Jerusalem Mountains, 2013.
The first place winning haiku in the 15th International Kukai will be displayed as Haiga on the Photo and posted in the blog at the end of the contest by Sunday, June 30, 2013.
Submission deadline — Noon, EST, (UTC-4) Saturday, June 1 — Monday, June 10, 2013.
Voting deadline — Noon, EST, (UTC-4) Tuesday, June 11 — Thursday, June 20, 2013.
Results will be up-loaded to the blog no later than, Sunday, June 30, 2013.
Participants may submit ONE entry. Submit only the haiku; do not create a haiga entry.
Do NOT enter any haiku previously published, work-shopped or shared.
All haiku entries should remain anonymous until we post the results.
Participants may vote as long as they have submitted an entry to the kukai.
1) Address all Kukai correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) PLEASE use the exact subject line "June 2013 Submission".
3) Please sign your all submissions, ballots and communications with your name, your city, and your country of residence. Examples: Rita Odeh: Nazareth, Israel (IL); John Daleiden: Phoenix, Arizona (US). All haijin will receive an acknowledgement of their submission and their vote from International Kukai.
4) Write your entry in the body of the email. Attachments are not accepted.
5) Haijin who enter the kukai will automatically be sent a ballot with the voting instructions shortly after the kukai closes at noon on the 10th of each month.
6. Haijin who fail to vote will have their haiku posted with NO RESULTS.
Link for results of May 2013 "zoo/elephant" Kukai No. 14:
Enjoy the new Challenge...!
Co-editors: Rita Odeh and John Daleiden