Invitation to the 14th International Monthly Kukai May, 2013
Dear Friends, Welcome to the 14th International Monthly Kukai.
Please bookmark our blog: https://rita-odeh.blogspot.com/
The topic for the May 2013 edition is a little different. We invite you to get inspired by Rita Odeh's photograph above taken at the Zoological Center Tel Aviv, 2012. Send one haiku inspired by this image. (You may describe the photo or provide a parallel, contrasted image to it.)
The first place winning haiku in the 14th International Kukai will be displayed as Haiga on the Photo and posted in the blog at the end of the contest by May31, 2013
Submission deadline — Noon, EST, (UTC-4) Wednesday, May 1 — Friday, May 10, 2013.
Voting deadline — Noon, EST, (UTC-4) Saturday, May 11 — Monday, May 20, 2013.
Results will be up-loaded to the blog no later than, Friday, May 31, 2013.
Participants may submit ONE entry. Submit only the haiku; do not create a haiga entry.
Do NOT enter any haiku previously published, work-shopped or shared.
All haiku entries should remain anonymous until we post the results.
Participants may vote as long as they have submitted an entry to the kukai.
1) Address all Kukai correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) PLEASE use the exact subject "May 2013 Submission" for the subject line.
3) Please sign your all submissions, ballots and communications with your name, your city, and your country of residence. Examples:
Rita Odeh: Nazareth, Israel (IL)
John Daleiden: Phoenix, Arizona (US)
4) Write your entry in the body of the email. Attachments are not accepted.
5) Haijin who enter the kukai will automatically be sent a ballot with the voting instructions shortly after the kukai closes at noon on the 10th of each month.
Link for results of April 2013 "butterfly" Kukai No. 13:
Enjoy the new Challenge...!
Co-editors: Rita Odeh and John Daleiden
Photo: Rita Odeh. Tel Aviv Zoological Center, 2012