Welcome to my haiku/ haiga dream.

Welcome to my haiku dream..!




Second Blog

facebook: ritaodehnazareth




HAIKU

cloudy morning-
a kite flies higher
than its string

Rita Odeh



My Haiku/Haiga Book:

Buds of Dream
(2006-2014)
available atAMAZON.COM





My Haiga Album



Third Haiku Book

Under Fallen Leaves, The Butterfly
2015
Rita Odeh









Monday, April 29, 2013

Short Poem: I am a Different Woman





Monday, April 29, 2013
Open Link Monday







I am a Different Woman

To the poet Nizar Qabbani, In response to his poem:
To a Woman who Neither Reads nor Writes

----------------
I am a woman
who reads and writes
and tastes the flight of the word
over the revolutionary horizons
of the language

****

I am a different woman:
one who is created from
the soil of earth,
born from the volcanoes
of fatigue,
and the pain of
lost dreams.

****

My heart becomes a boat
when the storm rages,
My heart is a continuous call
for the confused hearts.

****

Oh poet,
who writes for women
in an era of darkness,
haven't you known
that
I am
the
exception !

Rita Odeh





===============================





أنا امرأةٌ أخرى

- الى الشاعر نزار قباني
ردّا على قصيدة الى امرأة لا تقرأ ولا تكتب-


----------------




أنا امرأة تقرأ وتكتب
وتتذوّق سفرَ الكلمة
فوق آفاق اللغة الثائرة


****

أنا امرأةٌ أخرى
مجبولة
من طين الأرض
مولودة
من براكين التعب
ووجع الأحلام
التائهة


****

قلبي أنا
زورقُ كبرياء
حينَ تشتدّ العاصفة
قلبي أنا
نداءٌ متواصل
للقلوب الحائرة


****

أيّا شاعر النساء
في عصر الظلمة
ألم تعلم بعد
أنّي أنا
أنا
استثناء القاعدة

ريتا عودة





Sharing with:
Imaginary Garden with Real Toads






6 comments:

  1. Quite stirring, and I love "revolutionary horizons of the language."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the strength, the message, the emotion in your poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. The form suits the conviction of the message.
    I loved seeing those dainty symbols that I don't understand at all, but liked on your black page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart becomes a boat.

    ...such woman are true heros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANd more women are the exceptions than expected, which means this gives women a voice! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "A boat when t he storm rages," "a continuous call..." What a tremendous heart your have, and what a way to express your nature.

    I believe the language is Arabic, is it not? GREAT WRITE. Amy

    ReplyDelete