Welcome to my haiku/ haiga dream.

Welcome to my haiku dream..!




Second Blog

facebook: ritaodehnazareth




HAIKU

cloudy morning-
a kite flies higher
than its string

Rita Odeh



My Haiku/Haiga Book:

Buds of Dream
(2006-2014)
available atAMAZON.COM





My Haiga Album



Third Haiku Book

Under Fallen Leaves, The Butterfly
2015
Rita Odeh









Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cindrella



Senryƫ:
a Japanese form of short poetry similar to haiku in construction
but is about human nature rather than nature.



(Click Image)


Short Poem

Who else but you
conquered my kingdom
as the sun does,
confiscated boredom
and signed
the timetable
of dreams..!?




Poetry Jam
The prompt this week is "Daydream Believers".

Poetry Jam

7 comments:

  1. "signed the timetable of dreams" -- just love that wording!

    Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the haiku ~ I think we all have those dreams ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Mary's comment, I too love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. confiscated boredom...smiles...i liked that much....the timetable of dreams line as well was killer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the senryu form too .. you presented us with two lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice, I love the packed brevity of this, love "confiscated boredom" and "signed
    the timetable
    of dreams"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the interplay between the haiku and the senryu...they each enhance the other so well! I'll echo what the others have said about "confiscated boredom" and "the timetable of dreams," both phrases are so vivid and original. Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Poetry Jam this week!

    ReplyDelete