Welcome to my haiku/ haiga dream.

Welcome to my haiku dream..!




Second Blog

facebook: ritaodehnazareth




HAIKU

cloudy morning-
a kite flies higher
than its string

Rita Odeh



My Haiku/Haiga Book:

Buds of Dream
(2006-2014)
available atAMAZON.COM





My Haiga Album



Third Haiku Book

Under Fallen Leaves, The Butterfly
2015
Rita Odeh









Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Haiga: "The Scent"




(Click Image)





Haiku by: Rita Odeh
Haiga by: Karin

KARIN's BLOG



This was my FIRST good haiku written on 2006 when I was introduced to the haiku genre. It is not easy to understand the spirit of haiku directly because we come from the field of metaphors and similes which are not used at all in haiku. Robert Wilson, whom I consider as my Basho Teacher, used to comment: (the scent not the flower) whenever I posted a new haiku in his yahoo group called: "Simply Haiku". So, I wrote: (the scent..not the flower..is driving me crazy..!)
After going a long way in the haiku path, I understood that the "scent" is the "core" or the "insight" that a certain moment conveys.
I write this, as a message to the new haijins(haiku poets) and the readers who are new to haiku.


No comments:

Post a Comment